Join us for Adaptation Week
Advancing a Resilient Recovery
November 30 - December 4, 2020
2020 changed everything.
The COVID-19 pandemic has tragically exposed how vulnerable we are. Along with our health and economy, the climate crisis is here now and affecting everyone. These crises are interconnected, and our solutions must be too.
We Need a Resilient Recovery
Held from November 30 – December 4, Adaptation Week is a virtual campaign that brings people together to highlight the urgency of climate adaptation and a resilient recovery. This campaign is in support of the Global Commission on Adaptation and serves as stepping stone to the Climate Adaptation Summit and COP26 in 2021.
Join us throughout the week on social media and at our events. Learn more below.
Join us on Social Media
Adaptation Week Schedule
Adaptation Week will take place November 30 – December 4. Below is a list of events happening during the week, along with the themes for each day. Register for the events using the links below.
Monday, November 30 — Agriculture: Improving Food Security & Rural Livelihoods
- Climate-Resilient Food Systems — Scaling Digital Services for Smallholder Farmers – hosted by WRI and Global Commission on Adaptation
Tuesday, December 1 — Finance: Mobilizing Investment in Adaptation
- Adaptation Principles: New Approaches to Build Resilience – hosted by World Bank and WRI
Wednesday December 2 — Nature, Water, And Cities: Building Resilient Ecosystems
- Building Urban Water Resilience in Africa – hosted by WRI and Global Commission on Adaptation
- NbS Vanguard Country Event: Canada's Action on Nature-based Solutions for Climate Adaptation – hosted by Government of Canada, International Institute for Sustainable Development, and Global Commission on Adaptation
Thursday, December 3 — Locally Led Action and Disaster Risk-Management: Communities on the Frontlines
- Development & Climate Days Event: Holding ourselves accountable: What could that mean for locally led adaptation? – hosted by WRI and Global Commission on Adaptation
- NbS Vanguard Country Event: Ethiopia's Nature-based Solutions for Climate Adaptation – hosted by Government of Ethiopia, Global Commission on Adaptation, and WRI
- Enhancing Ecosystem-based Adaptation in National Adaptation Plans – hosted by Global Adaptation Network (UNEP)
Friday, December 4 — Adaptation Week Round-up and Looking Ahead
Learn more about a Resilient Recovery
What does a resilient recovery look like? What are solutions that can help societies address the pandemic and its economic fallout, the climate crisis, and inequity?
To learn more, read the Global Commission on Adaptation’s statement: Call to Action for a Climate-Resilient Recovery from COVID-19.
Check out these additional resources on a resilient recovery:
Adaptation Week is led by World Resources Institute, in support of the Global Commission on Adaptation.