Webinar: Building America's New Climate Economy
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDTOnline
Investing in low-carbon solutions can play a valuable role in helping to reboot America’s economy in the wake of COVID-19, while also setting the U.S. economy up for long-term success.
About the Webinar
The coronavirus pandemic has severely impacted the United States’ economy at all levels — national, state and local. As federal lawmakers develop economic recovery packages, they can build back better by investing in low-carbon infrastructure and policies that respond to the climate challenge.
Join World Resources Institute for a webinar with a diverse set of leaders exploring how states and businesses are making progress toward a low-carbon future and what policy interventions, corporate leadership, technology trends and other activities can accelerate this transition, while ensuring that workers aren’t left behind.
The webinar will feature a brief presentation on America’s New Climate Economy: A Comprehensive Guide to the Economic Benefits of Climate Policy in the United States. The paper explains how low-carbon investments and policies would create jobs, provide widespread public health benefits and accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Ben Grumbles, Maryland Secretary of the Environment
- Ethan Zindler, Head of Americas, BloombergNEF
- Kathleen McLaughlin, Executive Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer, Walmart Inc.
- Devashree Saha, Senior Associate, World Resources Institute (co-author of paper)
- Joel Jaeger, Research Associate, World Resources Institute (co-author of paper)
- Dan Lashof, U.S. Director, World Resources Institute (moderator)
- Other speakers to be confirmed