ADVISORY: Preview Call with Ban Ki-moon and Other World Leaders on Global Commission on Adaptation’s New Report
WASHINGTON — Join representatives from the Global Commission on Adaptation who will share insights and recommendations from a major new report on climate adaptation that is being released in the lead up to the UN Climate Summit.
The press call will take place on Monday, September 9, 2019 at 09:00 EDT//13:00 GMT.
The report calls for greater global leadership to accelerate adaptation. It presents the growing threats from climate change and offers new economic analysis around the benefits of action. It will be launched on September 10 with events in more than 10 cities around the world, along with a social media campaign #AdaptOurWorld.
The Commission aims to elevate adaptation on the political agenda. It is led by Ban Ki-moon, Bill Gates and Kristalina Georgieva, along with 34 Commissioners, ranging from the President of the Marshall Islands to the Mayor of Miami.
The report and remarks on the call are under strict embargo until Tuesday, September 10 at 00:01 GMT.
The call will feature the following speakers:
- Ban Ki-moon, Co-Chair of the Global Commission and 8th Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Christiana Figueres, Commissioner and Former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and Founding Partner, Global Optimism
- Agnes Kalibata, Commissioner and President of AGRA
- Feike Sijbesma, Commissioner and CEO of Royal DSM
- Andrew Steer, Commissioner and President & CEO of World Resources Institute
- Patrick Verkooijen, Co-Director of Global Commission and CEO of Global Center on Adaptation
- Shemara Wikramanayake, Commissioner and CEO of Macquarie Group Ltd.
Moderated by Michael Oko, Global Communications Director, World Resources Institute and Co-Director of Communications for the Global Commission
The call will offer an opportunity for reporters to ask questions.
Following are dial-in details are below and the passcode is GCA.
To participate, please RSVP to Mansie Hough, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRESS CALL DIAL-IN INFORMATION FOR SEPTEMBER 9 AT 9:00AM EDT / 15:00 CEST:
The Passcode is GCA
International Toll: +1-210-795-1098
South Africa: 080-09-98819
South Korea: 00798-14800-6732
USA: Toll-free 866-803-2143
*Additional numbers available upon request or use the international toll number +1-210-795-1098.