Hot Science Newsletter
We already know the planet is warming, but new research on the extent of climate change impacts is published every day. With our “Hot Science” newsletter, a joint effort of WRI and the Bezos Earth Fund, we bring our subscribers a selection of the latest climate science news.
Subscribe to “Hot Science” here, or browse our archive below.
Past editions of the Hot Science Newsletter
- March 2023: Shrinking Carbon Budget, Melting Glaciers, Arctic Fires
- December 2022: Climate Tipping Points, Melting Permafrost, Record Heat
- August 2022: Extreme Heat Waves, Corn Toxin Increase, Record-breaking Monsoon Rains
- June 2022: Permafrost Tipping Point, Amazon Losing resilience, More Cross-species Virus Transmission
- April 2022: Extreme Ocean Heat, Bleached Great Barrier Reef, Methane Leaks
- December 2021: Health Toll of Climate Change, Worrisome Changes to Ocean Currents
- July 2021: Extreme Heat, Threatened Crops, New Research on Carbon Sinks
- April 2021: Record Temperatures, Approaching Land’s Carbon Sink Tipping Point
- June-July 2020: Vanishing Polar Bears, Record Floods, Melting Arctic and Antarctic Ice
- Feb-March 2020: Carbon Sinks Shrink, Bumblebees Decline, Nightingale Wings Shorten—and Ecosystems Could Collapse Faster
- Jan 2020: More Injury-related Deaths, Mass Seabird Die-off, River Ice Disappearing
- Dec 2019: Pre-term Births, Fewer Fishermen and Accelerated Arctic Melt
- Oct-Nov 2019: More Ebola, Emperor Penguins Marching Toward Extinction and Persistent Storms
- Sept 2019: Ocean and Ice Warning, Lost Birds, Pancake Breakfast at Risk?
- Aug 2019: Raccoon Explosions, Climate-Friendly Elephants and More 100-degree Days
- July 2019: Primate Extinctions, Ice-Free Greenland, A Dengue Explosion
- June 2019: Fertility Impacts, Accelerating Extinctions and Green Oceans
- May 2019: Economic Inequality, Disappearing Alps and Penguin Populations
- April 2019: Migrating Mosquitos, Marine Heatwaves, More Hay Fever