GHG Protocol and SBTi for Forest, Land and Agriculture
In this webinar, the GHG Protocol and Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) will share a general update on the land sector and removals guidance development process for companies to account emissions.
This webinar will provide updates on related initiatives under development to help companies set targets and track their progress on reducing climate impacts for the land sector (food, agriculture, forestry, etc.).
The Greenhouse Gas Protocol team will share updates on their upcoming Land Sector and Removals Guidance on accounting for and reporting greenhouse gas impacts for companies in land sector value chains, including guidance for CO2 removals.
The Science Based Targets initiative’s Forest, Land and Agriculture project (SBTi FLAG) will also present on their upcoming guidance to enable companies to incorporate deforestation and land-related emissions into science-based targets.
- Update on the Greenhouse Gas Protocol’s land sector and removals guidance
- Update on the SBTi Forest, Land, and Agriculture (FLAG) sector development project
- Q&A session
- Martha Stevenson, Senior Director, Strategy & Research, Forests, WWF
- David Rich, Senior Associate, Climate Program, World Resources Institute
- Amir Safaei, Manager, Natural Climate Solutions Supply, World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Christa Anderson, Research Fellow, Global Science, WWF
Greenhouse Gas ProtocolLaunch PlatformLaunch Platform Visit Project
The global standard for companies and organizations to measure and manage their GHG emissions and become more efficient, resilient and prosperous.Part of Climate
Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)Launch PlatformLaunch Platform Visit Project
Driving ambitious climate action in the private sector by enabling companies to set science-based emissions reduction targets.Part of Climate