Transforming Transportation 2015: Smart Cities for Shared Prosperity
1:00 PM - 10:00 PMWashington, DC
Transforming Transportation is the annual conference co-hosted by EMBARQ, part of the WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities, and the World Bank.
The event convenes leading transport and urban development experts from national and local governments, multilateral development banks, foundations, civil society, research institutions, and businesses from around the world. At Transforming Transportation, they share the latest experiences, information, and best practices around sustainable transport.
The 2015 event focused on "Smart Cities for Shared Prosperity," and examined how smart, connected urban mobility can improve quality of life in cities. Sessions addressed how the upcoming United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will impact urban transport, with an emphasis on data and technology, governance, and international financial flows.
Keynote Speaker: Felipe Calderón: former President of Mexico, current Chair of the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate
Other featured speakers include:
- Kevin Austin: Director of Initiatives, Regions, and Events, C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group
- Robin Chase: Founder, Buzzcar, Zipcar, and GoLoco
- Pierre Guislain: Senior Director of Transport and ICT, World Bank
- Janette Sadik-Khan: former Commissioner of the New York City Department of Transportation, current Principal, Bloomberg Associates
- Andrew Steer: President and CEO of the World Resources Institute
- Jose Viegas: Secretary General, International Transport Forum (ITF)
See a full list of speakers, presentations, and updated agenda at www.transformingtransportation.org.
- Transforming Transportation website
- Want Healthy, Thriving Cities? Tackle Traffic Safety First
- Why Cities are the Solution to Climate Change: Q&A with Ani Dasgupta
- Who Needs Cars? Smart Mobility Can Make Cities Sustainable
Browse through the online conversation - hashtag #ttdc15.