Roundtable: The State of the Clean Air Act: Past, Present and Future
7:00 PM EST
The World Resources Institute hosted a roundtable discussion on January 23, 2012, featuring former EPA administrators, elected officials, and business and health leaders on "The State of the Clean Air Act: Past, Present and Future." The participants discussed the law's significant accomplishments and the challenges that lie ahead.
The event featured former EPA Administrators William Ruckelshaus and William Reilly, PSEG CEO Ralph Izzo, and two health experts: Dan Greenbaum of the Health Effects Institute and Dr. Sumita Khatri, Co-Director of the Asthma Center for the Cleveland Clinic. Senator Tom Carper and Senator Lamar Alexander moderated the discussion.
- Sen. Tom Carper, (D-Del.), moderator
- Sen. Lamar Alexander, (R-Tenn.), moderator
- The Honorable William Ruckelshaus, former EPA Administrator, 1970-1973
- The Honorable William Reilly, former EPA Administrator, 1989-1992
- Mr. Ralph Izzo, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, PSEG
- Mr. Dan Greenbaum, President and CEO, Health Effects Institute
- Dr. Sumita Khatri, M.D., M.Sc, Co-Director of the Asthma Center for the Cleveland Clinic
- Mr. Manish Bapna, Interim President, WRI
- We live streamed and live tweeted this event using the hashtag #cleanairact.
- View photos from the event
- Read a summary of the event
- Highlights video, below.
- Full video archive of event, below.