ADVISORY: Press Call on Thursday on EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt Hearing and Incoming Trump Administration
January 18, 2017
WASHINGTON — World Resources Institute (WRI) is hosting a press call with government leaders and policy and legal experts to reflect on the confirmation hearing of EPA nominee Scott Pruitt, which is expected to be heavily contested by the Senate. The call takes place just a day before President-elect Trump is sworn into office and will present perspectives on his cabinet nominees and the environment and energy priorities for the incoming administration.
The call will be held on Thursday, January 19 at 9:00am ET, and speakers include Sue Tierney, former Assistant Secretary for Policy at the U.S. Department of Energy and Senior Advisor at the Analysis Group; Ralph Becker, former Mayor of Salt Lake City; Anne Kelly, Policy Director, CERES; and Sam Adams, WRI US Director.
The speakers will share their perspectives on controlling pollution from energy generation, climate change and other environmental issues discussed during the hearing. They will also reflect on state, city and business action needed to move to a strong, low-carbon economy.
Press Call on EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt’s Confirmation Hearing and Incoming Trump Administration
Thursday, January 19, at 9:00 a.m. ET
• Sue Tierney, Managing Principal, Analysis Group, and former Assistant Secretary for Policy at the U.S. Department of Energy (and a WRI Board Director)
• Ralph Becker, former Mayor of Salt Lake City
• Anne L. Kelly, Senior Program Director, Policy and BICEP Program at CERES
• Martha Roberts, Attorney, U.S. Climate Legal and Regulatory Program, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
• Sam Adams, WRI US Director
Moderator: Michael Oko, WRI, Communications Director
Additional speakers to be announced.
• US Toll-Free: +1-800-779-6168
• US/International Toll: +1-212-547-0308
When the operator answers, use the verbal passcode "WRI"