ADVISORY: Press Call with International Leaders on President-Elect Trump and Global Climate and Energy Issues
WASHINGTON (January 9, 2017) — As President-elect Trump prepares to take the oath to become the president of the United States, World Resources Institute (WRI) is hosting a press call with highly-respected international and U.S. leaders to discuss the benefits of the U.S. honoring its international climate commitments and the risks of stepping back, including from the Paris Agreement. The speakers will discuss these issues from political, economic, and national security angles.
The call will be held on Friday, January 13 at 10:00am EST, and speakers include Brigadier General Stephen Cheney (U.S. Marine Corps, ret.), Sir Edward Davey (United Kingdom), Arunabha Ghosh (India), and Paula Caballero (WRI). Panelists will share their perspectives on the social, economic and environmental impacts of climate change, U.S. national security, international relations, and global energy markets. The speakers will also reflect on the Trump administration’s confirmation hearings and its forthcoming climate and energy agenda.
Press Call with International Experts on the Trump Administration and Global Climate and Energy Issues
Friday, January 13, at 10:00am (EST) / 3:00pm (GMT) / 4:00pm (CET)
- Paula Caballero, Global Director, Climate Program, World Resources Institute
- Brigadier General Stephen Cheney, USMC (Ret.); CEO, American Security Project
- Sir Edward Davey, former UK Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change
- Dr. Arunabha Ghosh, CEO of the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), based in India
- Michael Oko, World Resources Institute (moderator)
- US Toll-Free: 866-803-2143
- US/International Toll: +1-210-795-1098
When the operator answers, use the verbal passcode "WRI"
For additional International Toll-Free lines, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To RSVP, please email Jessica Brand, WRI Communications Officer, at email@example.com