ADVISORY: Leaders from Around the World to Announce New Commitments on Food Loss and Waste
NEW YORK (September 18, 2018)—During Climate Week, leaders from business, civil society and government will announce new advances in the fight against food waste. Champions 12.3’s Dave Lewis (Group Chief Executive, Tesco), Vytenis Andriukaitis (European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety), Josefa Leonel Correia Sacko (African Union Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture), Sunny Verghese (CEO, Olam International) and other leaders will share the most innovative new strategies, public-private partnerships, technologies and commitments on food loss and waste in 2018.
The event is Tuesday, September 25, 10:00 am-12:15 pm ET at Project Farmhouse in New York City, and includes a “food waste avoiding” lunch and beer tasting. Former White House Chef Sam Kass will give a live demonstration of a new home recipe using food scraps.
In addition to these announcements, Champions 12.3 will release SDG Target 12.3 on Food Loss and Waste: 2018 Progress Report.
• Dave Lewis, Group Chief Executive, Tesco and Chair, Champions 12.3
• Vytenis Andriukaitis, European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety
• Josefa Leonel Correia Sacko, Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture, African Union Commission
• Shenggen Fan, Director General, International Food Policy Research Institute
• Kevin Fay, Executive Director, Global Food Cold Chain Council
• Peter Freedman, Managing Director, The Consumer Goods Forum
• Liz Goodwin, Senior Fellow and Director Food Loss and Waste, World Resources Institute
• Marcus Gover Chief Executive, WRAP
• Hans Hoogeveen, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Netherlands to the UN Organizations for Food and Agriculture
• Gilbert Houngbo, President, International Fund for Agricultural Development
• Theo de Jager, President, World Farmers' Organisation
• Selina Juul, Founder, Stop Wasting Food (Denmark)
• Sam Kass, Former White House Chef, Founder of TROVE and Venture Partner, Acre Venture Partners
• Michael La Cour, Managing Director, IKEA Food Services AB
• Stefania Lallai, Sustainability and External Relations Director, Costa Cruises
• Lindiwe Majele Sibanda, Co-Chair, Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture, Farmer, and Champion for Sustainable Food Systems
• Sunny Verghese, Co-Founder, CEO and Group & Managing Director, Olam International
• Joaquim Levy, Managing Director and World Bank Group Chief Financial Officer, World Bank
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
10:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. ET
Light lunch and beer tasting after the event
76 East 13th Street
New York, NY 10003
Ally Friedman, email@example.com, 425.445.5475
Let Ally know if you would like to interview any of the speakers.