Reducing Food Loss and Waste: A Vital Solution to the Food Crisis
Join Champions 12.3 to hear bold steps and progress in tackling the global food crisis that's seeing rapidly rising food prices and concerns over food security. The war in Ukraine, supply chain constraints, inflation, and climate change are creating a dire food situation not seen for over a decade. As millions face hardship, more than one-third of the world’s food is lost or wasted from farm to fork. This annual Champions 12.3 event will dive into concrete ways that countries, companies, and financial institutions are reducing food loss and waste in response to this global challenge.
- Hans Hoogeveen, Champions 12.3 Co-Chair and Independent Chairperson of the Council, Food and Agriculture Organization
- Sunny Verghese, Champions 12.3 Co-Chair and Co-Founder and Group CEO, Olam International Limited
- Liz Goodwin, Senior Fellow and Director, Food Loss and Waste, World Resources Institute
- Máximo Torero, Chief Economist, Food and Agriculture Organization
- Johan Swinnen, Director General, International Food Policy Research Institute
- Karen Pflug, Chief Sustainability Officer, Ingka Group
- + more!
Doors will open at 10am, with the program starting promptly at 10:30am. Please review WRI's COVID safety disclaimer before registering and attending.
If you are not able to attend the event in person, you can register to watch the livestream here.
Cover Image by: Alfonso Cortés/CIMMYT
Food Loss & Waste ProtocolLaunch PlatformLaunch Platform Visit Project
Addressing the challenges of quantifying food loss and waste.Part of Food