A Climate Imperative: Getting Countries and Businesses Committed to Food Loss and Waste Reduction
COP27 must catalyze political momentum to intensify commitment to reducing food loss and waste (FLW), which is generating 8-10% of greenhouse gas emissions around the world. But we need to encourage all actors to accelerate action on FLW reduction as part of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC’s) and the Global Methane Pledge.
The objective of this event is to show a global inevitability that we must have commitment from governments and the private sector to set targets and achieve a global reduction of FLW. The event will include a diverse set of pledges and accomplishments from governments, businesses, and financial institutions. The event will be followed by an evening reception to allow for networking and strategic discussions.
- Richard Swannell, Interim CEO, WRAP (Speaker and Moderator)
- Gareth Ackerman, Non-Executive Chair, Pick n Pay South Africa
- Inger Anderson, Executive Director, UN Environment Programme
- Kirsten Konst, Board Member, Rabobank
- Libby Schaaf, Mayor, City of Oakland
For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org