Webinar: A Global Call to Action on Food Loss and Waste
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM CETOnline
Around a third of all food is lost or wasted between the farm and plate, resulting in approximately 8% of annual greenhouse gas emissions. In September, Champions 12.3 – the coalition of executives committed to helping the world achieve a 50% reduction in food loss and waste by 2030 – issued a three-point call to action in order to achieve this aim. This webinar will dive into the call to action and, in particular, its focus on connecting food loss and waste reduction with climate mitigation strategies.
Attendees will hear about (1) the scope of food loss and waste worldwide, (2) what actions countries should be focused on, and (3) what actions companies can take. This event is a pre-session to the UN Food Systems Summit, scheduled for next year.
- Yolanda Kakabadse, Member of Board, WWF US
- Liz Goodwin, Senior Fellow And Director, Food Loss And Waste, World Resources Institute
- Professor Flemming Besenbacher, Carlsberg Group, Carlsberg Foundation, and ONE\THIRD – the Danish Think Tank on Food Loss and Food Waste
- Christina Bauer-Plank, Unilever
- Richard Swannell, WRAP
- Tristram Stuart, Toast Ale
- Maarten Biermans, Rabobank
- Toine Timmermans, Wageningen University & Research