Science Based Targets for Finance: Launch of Framework and Target Validation Pilot
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EDTOnline
Financial institutions are the vital link in enabling the rapid and unprecedented economic transformation needed to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Through their lending and investing, financial institutions have the power to redirect capital to the sustainable technologies and solutions of the future and to the companies doing the most to prepare for a net-zero emissions economy.
Join us virtually on October 1 for the launch of the Science Based Targets initiative's framework for financial institutions to set science-based targets and target validation pilot phase. You will:
- Learn about how financial institutions can set science-based targets for their lending and investment portfolios
- Understand how the Science Based Targets initiative will assess and validate financial institution targets
- Find out how you can get involved in the pilot phase of the target validation process
- Mark Carney, Finance Adviser to the Prime Minister, COP 26 and UN Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance
- Gonzalo Muñoz, UN High Level Climate Action Champion for Chile, COP26
- Cynthia Cummis, Director of Private Sector Climate Mitigation, World Resources Institute
- Nate Aden, Senior Fellow, World Resources Institute
- Chendan Yan, Research Analyst, World Resources Institute