Success or Crisis in 2030? The Fight to Halve Food Loss and Waste
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM EDTOnline
Join the conversation: #champions123
Can the world achieve all it needs to in order to halve food loss and waste by 2030? Or in a decade’s time will we face an insurmountable mountain of food wasted between farms and people’s plates – and the resulting social, environmental and economic consequences?
Join Champions 12.3 for a candid look at food loss and waste around the world, from farms to business supply chains to household kitchens. This event will shine a light on reasons for hope, even as the pandemic reveals deep problems in the food system, and lay out an urgent call for bigger and bolder action.
- Dave Lewis, Group Chief Executive, Tesco
- Liz Goodwin, Director, Food Loss and Waste, WRI
- Craig Hanson, Vice President, Food, Forest, Water and Ocean, WRI
- Marcus Gover, Chief Executive, WRAP
- Yolanda Kakabadse, Board Member and Former President, WWF US
- Shenggen Fan, Chair Professor, China Agricultural University
- Wai-Chan Chan, Managing Director, The Consumer Goods Forum
- Denis Machuel, Chief Executive Officer, Sodexo
- Michael La Cour, Managing Director, IKEA Food Services AB
- Jane Ewing, Senior Vice President, Sustainability, Walmart
- Hans Hoogeveen, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Netherlands, UN Organizations for Food and Agriculture
- Sunny Verghese, Co-Founder, CEO and Group & Managing Director, Olam International
- Lindiwe Sibanda, Co-Chair, Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture
- Josefa Sacko, African Agronomist and Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture, African Union Commission
- Theo de Jager, President, World Farmers’ Organisation
About Champions 12.3
Champions 12.3 is a coalition of executives from governments, businesses, international organizations, research institutions, farmer groups, and civil society dedicated to inspiring ambition, mobilizing action, and accelerating progress toward achieving SDG Target 12.3 by 2030.