Webinar: Frontiers in Forest Monitoring: Research Horizons for Global Forest Watch
Thanks to innovations in satellite monitoring, we’ve never had a better understanding of when and where forests are changing around the world. Global Forest Watch (GFW) provides the most up-to-date forest data available online for free, offering unprecedented transparency on the state of the world’s forests.
Join experts from GFW for “Research Horizons for Global Forest Watch”, the third installment in our “Frontiers in Forest Monitoring” webinar series. This webinar will preview GFW’s ongoing research, focusing on three core questions:
- can we detect forest change faster and in greater detail?;
- can we improve our understanding of what causes forest loss?; and
- can we map how much carbon forests are emitting and sequestering?
Previously in the “Frontiers in Forest Monitoring” series, we discussed the fundamentals of satellite monitoring as well as the methodology behind core forest change data on GFW. You can refresh your knowledge on these topics by following the links, but they are not necessary to watch before this webinar.
- Mikaela Weisse, Project Manager, Global Forest Watch, WRI
- David Gibbs, GIS Research Associate, Global Forest Watch, WRI
Global Forest WatchLaunch PlatformLaunch Platform Visit Project
Offering the latest data, technology and tools that empower people everywhere to better manage and protect forest landscapes.Part of Forests