Webinar: Addressing Food Loss and Waste in a COVID-19 World
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM EDTOnline
Join the conversation: #Champions123
COVID-19 has led to a crisis in the food system, with many fearing a global rise in food loss and waste due to disruptions along the supply chain. But around the world, efforts are underway to ensure food makes it to people, not left to rot in fields or landfills.
Join Champions 12.3 for a webinar that will explore:
- How is COVID-19 impacting food loss and waste levels around the globe?
- What actions can governments and companies take to prevent this food loss and waste?
- What efforts are already showing success?
Speakers will discuss these questions and how the audience can help reduce food loss and waste during this crisis. Participants will have the chance to pose their own questions during a Q&A session with the speakers.
- Hans Hoogeveen, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Netherlands to the UN Organizations for Food and Agriculture
- H.E. Josefa Sacko, Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture, African Union
- Daniel Gustafson, Special Representative of the Director General, FAO
- Geeta Sethi, Global Lead and Advisor, Food Systems Transformation, World Bank
Amy Senter, Chief Sustainability Officer, Kellogg Company
Craig Hanson, Vice President For Food, Forest, Water & The Ocean, WRI (moderator)