Webinar: Demystifying and Achieving Science-based Targets through Sustainable Procurement & Supplier Engagement
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDTOnline
Science-based targets require that organizations address emissions generated by their own operations and those of their suppliers. How can sustainable purchasers build a procurement strategy aligned with science-based targets?
Join the conversation: #sciencebasedtargets
Companies and other large organizations are increasingly being asked by investors, customers, employees, and policymakers to set Science-Based Targets (SBTs) for reducing their climate impacts in line with the goal of limiting global warming to well below 2-degrees Celsius. Science-based targets require that organizations address emissions generated by their own operations and those of their suppliers, which can contribute the majority of their emissions.
Learning Objectives for this free one-hour webinar include:
- What science-based targets are
- How sustainable purchasers can build procurement strategy aligned with science-based targets and how to find surrogate schemes that can help identify your best targeting prioritization, including Scope 3 target setting within the SBTi
- Examples from some who have set science-based targets at their organization
- Cynthia Cummis, Director of Private Sector Climate Mitigation, WRI
- Noora Singh, Director, Global Sustainability, Pepsico