Accelerated Ambition: WRI Resources for Apparel Companies
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDTOnline
In this webinar, experts share tools and research relevant to fashion companies seeking to address their environmental impacts.
About the Webinar
3 billion people are projected to join the global middle class in the next 15 years, placing extraordinary stress on the planet’s resources.
The linear model of buying, wearing and quickly discarding clothes is negatively impacting people and the planet’s resources. Making a pair of jeans produces as much GHGs as driving a car more than 80 miles, and it takes 2,700 liters of water to make one cotton shirt, enough to meet the average person’s drinking need for two and a half years.
For all to enjoy healthy, prosperous lives, we need to use fewer resources more effectively.
In this webinar, WRI experts address:
- Science-based targets and GHG emission reductions
- Policy barriers and enablers affecting circularity
- Renewable energy use for suppliers in developing countries
- Monitoring and managing supply chain water risk
- And more!
- Cynthia Cummis, Director of Private Sector Climate Mitigation, WRI
- Eliot Metzger, Director, Sustainable Business and Innovation, WRI
- Alex Perera, Deputy Director, Energy, WRI
- Paul Reig, Senior Manager, Aqueduct and Corporate Engagement, WRI
Moderator: Liz Cook, Vice President for Institutional Strategy and Development, WRI; Board Member, Sustainable Apparel Coalition