Stories from the Living Lab
The latest Stories report showcases some of the innovative sustainability solutions that WRI has been working on in the areas of plastic-free campaigns, bike and cycling commute programs, and sustainable investing of WRI’s endowment. The past 2015-2016 report focused on recycling contamination, food policies, and internal carbon pricing. Our aim with this report is to share the all-important details: the research and case studies that informed our decisions, the problems we encountered during implementation and preliminary evaluations.
In 2020, the Sustainability Initiative decided to shift to dual reporting streams.
Instead of publishing our emissions inventory in a report, we now make our data and methodology going back to 2010 available via an online dashboard that users can explore and interact with.
As the implementation details behind our projects were becoming an important focus of our annual reports, we now publish them separately from our emissions inventory in dedicated Stories reports.
Our historical Sustainability Reports, going back to 2002, are available below.
- Stories from the Living Lab, 2017-2018: A Look at Sustainability in Waste Management, Bike Commuting, and Investments
- Stories from the WRI Sustainability “Living Lab”: Annual Sustainability Report and 2015-2016 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory
- Walking the Talk: 2013–14 Operational Sustainability Report
- 2012 Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Sustainability Report
- 2011 Greenhouse Gas Inventory and Sustainability Report
- WRI 2010 Organizational Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- WRI’s 2008 Annual Carbon Dioxide Inventory Report
- CO2 Inventory Report: 2006 – 2007
- CO2 Inventory Report: 2004 – 2005
- CO2 Inventory Report: 2003
- CO2 Inventory Report: 2002