Webinar: Using AI to Tackle Global Environmental Challenges: Lessons learned from a Microsoft AI for Earth–WRI Collaboration
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDTOnline
Leading experts for a discussion on how artificial intelligence and machine learning can be harnessed to help solve urgent environmental and development challenges.
Join the conversation: #AIforEarth
About This Webinar
Our world is facing complex, interconnected challenges that threaten not only the natural world and the climate, but also our lives and livelihoods. Cutting edge data, creative uses of technology, and forward-thinking partnerships can help find solutions to many environmental challenges.
Join a conversation and Q&A with leading experts on how artificial intelligence and machine learning can be harnessed to help solve urgent environmental and development challenges.
Microsoft AI for Earth has partnered with World Resources Institute to advance the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence in modeling complex systems. Hear about WRI's experience working to measure air quality from satellites, predict deforestation, estimate roof reflectivity, model carbon sequestration in forests, and determine power plant generation.
- Amen Ra Mashariki, Global Director - Data Lab, WRI
- Bonnie Lei, Head of Global Strategic Partnerships – AI for Earth, Microsoft
- Claire Melamed, CEO for Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data, United Nations Foundation
- Dan Morris, AI for Earth Program Director, Microsoft
- Janet Ranganathan, Vice President for Research, Data & Innovation, WRI
- Jessica Seddon, Global Lead for Air Quality - WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities, WRI
- Steven Brumby, Senior Director for Data Visualization, National Geographic Society