Webinar: Build Back Better: Perspectives on COVID-19 Response and Recovery
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EDTOnline
The first in a series of virtual seminars highlights how policymakers and leaders can design coronavirus stimulus packages to create jobs and foster inclusive, sustainable economic growth.
About The Webinar
The coronavirus pandemic is upending society in ways that would have been hard to imagine just a few weeks ago. First and foremost a health emergency, COVID-19 has also hit economies like a global tsunami, closing national borders, shuttering factories, slashing consumer demand and slowing global trade. Workers and small businesses are bearing the brunt of the economic fallout. With the pandemic triggering a global economic slowdown, leaders are searching for ways to stabilize impacted industries and shore up their economies. The decisions they make now will have long-lasting effects, so they must choose wisely.
WRI economists and policy experts share lessons from previous economic stimulus packages, highlighting opportunities for “shovel-ready,” job-creating, high-efficiency, low-carbon infrastructure in China, United States, Africa and elsewhere
- Manish Bapna, Executive Vice President and Managing Director
- Helen Mountford, Vice President, Climate & Economics
- Li Fang, Chief Representative, WRI China
- Dan Lashof, Director, WRI United States
- Wanjira Mathai, Vice President and Regional Director, WRI Africa
- Anjali Mahendra, Director Of Research, WRI Ross Center For Sustainable Cities
- Lawrence MacDonald, Vice President for Communications (Moderator)