COP 22 - Global Climate Action Agenda Business and Industry Day
1:30 PM - 6:30 PM +00Marrakech, Morocco
The COP22 Business and Industry Day will bring together representatives from the private and public sectors, to showcase corporate action and discuss how it can be rapidly scaled-up ahead of 2020.
Business has a significant role to play in enabling the global economy to achieve – and exceed – its climate goals. As a major source of greenhouse gas emissions, the private sector is a crucial partner in securing a prosperous and sustainable low-carbon economy for all.
The Business and Industry Day Showcase portion will:
Highlight some of the most impactful private sector climate actions in support of the Paris goals and report on the progress these initiatives have made since COP21;
Identify how policy measures can increase and accelerate private sector action and what the key means of tracking progress and measuring the impact of initiatives will be as they move forwards.
The Business and Industry dialogue session will be dedicated specifically to the topic of carbon pricing, reflecting the extraordinary extent of cross-sectoral collaboration that has developed around this issue since COP21, as exemplified by initiatives such as the Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition.
- H.E. Minister Hakima El Haite, Climate Champion, Morocco (invited)
- Ms Jill Duggan, Director of Policy and Director of the Prince of Wales’ Corporate Leaders Group
- Mr. Faical Mekouar, Vice-Chairman, La Confédération Générale des Entreprises du Maroc
- Mr. Bill Weihl, Director of Sustainability, Facebook
- Ms Melissa Minors, Global Advocacy Manager, Unilever
- Ms Maria Mendiluce, Managing Director, Natural Capital, WBCSD
- Mr Mohamed Chaibi, President, Coalition for Waste Valorization
- Mr. James Grabert, Coordinator, Sustainable Development Mechanisms UNFCCC
- Ms Frances Way, Chief Operating Officer, CDP
- Mr James Close, Director for Climate Change, World Bank Group
- Mr Xu Huaqing, Deputy Director General, National Center for Climate Change Strategy and International Cooperation, China (invited)
- Mr Jean-Pierre Cordier, Network Representative, Global Compact Network France
- Ms Nicolette Bartlett, Director of Carbon Pricing, CDP
- Ms Kelley Kizzier, European Commission, DG Clima (invited)
- Mr. Gustavo Adolfo Funcia Murgel, Chief Executive Officer, Itau Asset Management (invited)
- Mr. Enrique Cueto Plaza, CEO, LATAM Airlines Group (invited)
- Mr Dirk Forrister, President and Chief Executive Officer, International Emissions Trading Association
- Ms Sylvie Lemmet, Director for European and International Affairs, Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy, France