IDFC Climate Finance Forum: Sharing solutions in developing countries
1:00 PM - 10:30 PM CESTParis, France
The Climate Finance Forum organized by the International Development Finance Club (IDFC), the largest network of international, regional and national development banks, seeks to bring together a multitude of public and private climate finance practitioners from across the world, to foster climate action in developing countries and regions. The event is hosted by the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) with support from the World Resources Institute (WRI).
Following the UN Climate Summit of September 23, 2014 and COP20 in Lima in December 2014, the Forum will discuss climate finance tracking methodologies so as to better estimate current flows in developing countries and promote transparency. The event will also determine ways and means to promote the greening of practices of the financial community in the fight against climate change, and increase the leverage effect of public finance on the mobilization of private and institutional investment in the area of climate change (commercial banks, pension funds, insurance companies, etc.).
The Forum will aim at delivering concrete outcomes and next steps, and highlighting the positive momentum of a coalition of financial actors on the road to COP21 in Paris in December 2015. In doing so, the event will also showcase valuable experiences and lessons, strengthen dialogue, collaboration and coordination, and share the latest thinking and analysis related to climate change finance in developing countries.
A high level session will present the main outcomes of the Forum’s day-long practitioners’ workshop. For more information, please visit the Forum’s website: https://climatefinanceforum.com.
9:00am - 4:30pm: Workshop for practitioners (by invitation only). Three technical sessions will focus on the following topics:
- “Tracking”: Harmonization of climate finance tracking and reporting
- “Greening”: Mainstreaming of climate change throughout the financial system
- “Mobilizing”: Development of private/public synergies to scale up private climate finance and investment
4:30pm: Welcome coffee
5:00pm: Opening of the high level session
- Ms. Anne Paugam, Chief Executive Officer of AFD and Vice-Chairman of IDFC
Presentation of the results of the practitioners’ workshop and the commitments reached, with the participation of:
- Mr. Ulrich Schröder, Chief Executive Officer of KfW and Chairman of IDFC
- Ms. Rachel Kyte, World Bank Group Vice President and Special Envoy for Climate Change
- Mr. Jonathan Taylor, Vice president of the European Investment Bank
- Mr. Enrique Garcia, Executive President and CEO, CAF (Development Bank of Latin America)
- Mr. Michel Sapin, Minister of Finance and Public Accounts
- Mr. Laurent Fabius, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development