Marrakech Partnership: Accountability & Implementation Dialogue
How successful have international cooperative initiatives launched at COP26 in Glasgow and other past conferences been at meeting their climate targets and goals? Accountability and transparency on these matters is essential for building trust, sharing understanding and strengthening climate action.
Come hear from and engage with several of these initiatives — including Global Methane Pledge, Glasgow Forest Declaration, ZEV Declaration, Cities Race to Resilience, and others — to better understand their progress thus far and where gaps remain. The audience will have an opportunity to raise questions.
- Ani Dasgupta, President & CEO, World Resources Institute
- Abigael Kiprono Kima, young energy expert and climate activist from Kenya
- Nigel Topping, High Level Climate Champion for COP26
- Glasgow Declaration on Forests - Tom Clements, Strategic Policy Advisor to Secretary of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, United Kingdom
- Global Methane Pledge - Claire Wang, Office of Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, United States
- Ocean Risk and Resilience Action Alliance - Chip Cunliffe, Programme and Risk Director, Ocean Risk and Resilience Action Alliance
- Zero Emissions Vehicles Transition Council - Kate Hughes, Director, International Climate Change, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), United Kingdom
- Powering Past Coal Alliance - Chris Radojewski, Programme Manager, PPCA Secretaria
- Cities Race to Resilience - David Jacome-Polit, Senior Officer, Resilient Development, ICLEI
- Under2 Coalition - Sihle Zikalala, Member of Executive Council for Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa