Webinar: The Ambition Loop and What to Expect at the COP24 Summit
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM ESTOnline
Hosted by UN Global Compact, We Mean Business and WRI
Join this webinar to hear from policy experts and business representatives on what is at stake at the COP24 climate summit and the important role of businesses in driving climate action. The webinar will include a presentation on The Ambition Loop, a new paper which profiles examples of where governments have built on business leadership to enact strong national policy measures -- and in turn, ambitious public policies provided companies with the clarity and confidence they needed to further accelerate investments in climate solutions.
The COP24 summit in Katowice, Poland (December 2-14) will be the most consequential international climate negotiations since the Paris Agreement was adopted in 2015. Two of the most critical tasks will be to agree on the rules for how the Paris Agreement will be implemented and for countries to make clear that they will strengthen their climate commitments by 2020. Business leaders are engaging to show their strong support for an ambitious outcome.
- Miguel Ángel Muñoz Rodríguez, Head of Climate Policies, Iberdrola
- Jen Austin, Policy Director, We Mean Business
- Eliot Metzger, Senior Associate, Business Center, WRI
- Heidi Huusko, Environment & Climate Senior Manager, UN Global Compact
- David Waskow, International Climate Director, WRI