Brazilian Coalition on Climate, Forests and Agriculture Debates Low-Carbon Land Use Agenda at COFO 23
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM CEST
Held during #COFO23, this panel discussion will highlight the innovative multi-stakeholder approach for low-carbon economic development in Brazil.
The Brazilian Coalition on Climate, Forests and Agriculture will host the panel "The innovative multi-stakeholder approach for low-carbon economic development in Brazil – the case of the Brazilian Coalition on Climate, Forests and Agriculture.”
There will be five sessions and one debate. It will present this innovative multistakeholder initiative, aiming at building a new model of economic development in Brazil based on low-carbon principles and objectives for sustainable land use.
The sessions address the main issues related to the Brazilian Coalition's modus operandi, natural forests, planted forests, forest landscape restoration, and sustainable production and deforestation free in Brazil.
- René Castro, FAO
- Roberto Waack, Amata and WWF
- Elizabeth de Carvalhaes, BA - Brazilian Tree Industry
- Miguel Calmon, IUCN
- Luiz Cornacchioni, ABAG - Brazilian Agribusiness Association
- Cécile Ndjebet, REFACOF - The African Women's Network for Community Management of Forests
- Everton Lucero, Brazilian Ministry of Environment
- Luiz Neves, New Generation Plantations
- Ivone Namikawa, Klabin
- Ana Yang, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation