Time to Act: The Circular Economy Action Agenda
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM CET
Leaders from business, government and civil society set out the bold action needed to create a circular economy.
Join the conversation: #CEActionAgenda
Use of resources has tripled since 1970, and could double again by 2050 if we continue business as usual. We must urgently work to create a circular economy where waste and pollution are designed out, products and materials are kept in use, and natural systems are regenerated – leading to a more resilient economy.
This webinar will bring together leaders from business, government and civil society to launch the Circular Economy Action Agenda. Developed collectively by more than 200 experts from 100 organizations, the Action Agenda is a rallying call to accelerate the transition to a circular economy – and to a better future for people and nature. The five reports focus on plastics, textiles, electronics, food, and capital equipment.
This landmark event will set the scene for the year to come and provide a key moment in the lead-up to the World Circular Economy Forum+ Climate in April.
Join the webinar to discover:
How a circular economy can contribute to tackling the climate crisis while promoting economic wellbeing, protecting human health and biodiversity, and creating decent work.
Where businesses, governments and civil society organizations can start – and what is needed for a better and faster transition
- Inger Andersen, Executive Director, UN Environment Programme
- Frans van Houten, CEO, Philips
- Stientje van Veldhoven, Minister of the Environment and Housing, the Netherlands
- Jyrki Katainen, President, Sitra
- Dame Ellen MacArthur, Founder, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Carolina Schmidt, Minister of the Environment, Chile
- Naoko Ishii, Director, Center for Global Commons, University of Tokyo
- Andrew Steer, President and CEO, WRI
- David McGinty, Global Director, PACE