Webinar: Limiting Temperature Rise to 1.5 Degrees: Roles for Investors, Companies, and Policymakers
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDTOnline
With new awareness of the systemic risks if global temperatures rise above 1.5℃, investors, companies and policymakers have begun making commitments to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
In this session, participants will:
- Explore how major asset owners decided to commit to net-zero portfolios
- Compare corporate strategies to set and meet ambitious carbon reduction goals
- Evaluate the critical role of policymakers in enabling deep carbon emissions reductions
This event is part of Ceres 2020 in New York, which has moved to a digital format due to the coronavirus pandemic. Ceres 2020 brings together corporate, investor and policy leaders to map out next steps for increased sustainability action across the economy. If you are already registered for the event, contact email@example.com to receive your discount code to enter during sign up.
- Steven Clarke, Director of Corporate Clean Energy Leadership, Ceres (moderator)
- Cynthia Cummis, Director of Private Sector Climate Mitigation, WRI
- Michael Frerichs, Illinois State Treasurer
- Jeff Hanratty, Applied Sustainability Manager, General Mills