Moving the Global Access to Information Agenda Forward
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT
The World Resources Institute, The Access Initiative, Indonesian Center for Environmental Law, and Thailand Environment Institute invite you to a web-cast seminar reflecting on the Strengthening the Right to Information for People and the Environment (STRIPE) project.
Learn how citizens in Indonesia and Thailand are using their countries' freedom of information (FOI) laws to obtain data on the environmental pollution in their communities. From October 22nd –October 25th, WRI will be hosting an international group of Thai and Indonesian civil society representatives, high level government officials, and legal aid groups as part of our Strengthening the Right to Information for People and the Environment (STRIPE) project. This Study Tour will provide our participants with an opportunity to meet US governmental officials, World Bank representatives, and NGO leaders to gain knowledge about our country’s pollution control regulations, data release procedures, and the challenges of using FOI requests to further pollution prevention campaigns.
On October 25th, from 4:00 – 6:00 pm, the Study Tour with present a concluding panel discussion, entitled "Moving the Global Access to Information Agenda Forward." Join us as we highlight the outcomes of our STRIPE Study Tour and how this work fits into the broader context of the open government, environmental justice, and global access to information movements.
- Andrew Steer, president of WRI
- H.E. Dr. Dino Patti Djalal, Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia (invited)
- Dr. Wijarn Simachaya, Secretary General of the Office of Natural Resources and Environment Policy (ONEP), Government of Thailand
- Representatives from our partners at the Thailand Environment Institute and Indonesian Center for Environmental Law
For more information on this access to information, see our posts at:
- Partner Spotlight: Thailand Environment Institute
- Partner Spotlight: Indonesian Center for Environmental Law
- Can Access To Information Protect Communities From Pollution? A Lesson From Map Ta Phut, Thailand
To view the live stream of the event on October 25th, log on to https://www.ustream.tv/channel/wri-live.
For interactive participation, also join the GoToMeeting at https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/168746730 Meeting ID 168-746-730.
For more information contact Carrie McKee at email@example.com.