Webinar: Building a Clean and Resilient Recovery from the COVID-19 Crisis in Support of Climate Action and the Sustainable Development Goals
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM EDTOnline
During this virtual discussion, speakers showcased concrete opportunities for policymakers, the public sector and civil society to use climate action to support rapid and inclusive recovery from COVID-19, framed around the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement on climate change. They focused on how countries can deliver enhanced national climate commitments and long-term climate strategies in the lead-up to COP26, and measures to strengthen adaptation and resilience to future shocks.
This event was co-hosted by the United Kingdom Mission to the UN and World Resources Institute and organized in conjunction with the 2020 High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development.
- Rt Hon Lord Zac Goldsmith, Minister for the Environment for the United Kingdom
- Md. Shahab Uddin, Honourable Minister, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Bangladesh
- Keeyong Chung, Director General for Climate Change, Energy, Environment and Scientific Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Korea
- Ambassador Valentine Rugwabiza, Permanent Representative of Rwanda
- Ambassador E. Courtenay Rattray, Permanent Representative of Jamaica
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO of Sustainable Energy for All, Special Representative of the UN Secretary General and Co-Chair of UN-Energy
- Helen Mountford, Vice President, Climate & Economics, World Resources Institute (moderator)
Official Side Event of the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
Share With Your Networks