WRI at UNFCCC COP20
2:00 PM - 4:00 AMLima, Peru
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) held its 20th annual Conference of the Parties (COP 20) from December 1-12, 2014 in Lima, Peru. This summit was an opportunity for countries to reach consensus on key elements of an international climate agreement to be concluded at COP21 in 2015 in Paris, France.
As the risks posed by of climate change become increasingly pronounced, threatening homes, habitats, and livelihoods, the need for every nation to work towards an ambitious and innovative global climate agreement has never been greater. At the same time, it has become clear that taking smart climate action can generate its own economic benefits and opportunities.
Climate policy experts at WRI provided research, analysis, and commentary to support positive steps at the COP 20 negotiations and to help decision makers move forward on a range of issues including mitigation, adaptation, finance, transparency and equity.
- December 2, 2014: World Resources Institute and ACT2015 Consortium: Key Elements for a Paris Climate Agreement
Members of the ACT 2015 consortium launch the report "Elements and Ideas for the 2015 Paris Agreement" at the UNFCCC COP20 in Lima, Peru. L-R: Rhys Gerholdt and Jennifer Morgan (World Resources Institute), Antonio G. M. La Viña (Ateneo School of Government), Niklas Höhne (New Climate Institute) and Gilberto Arias (Energeia).
See related posts:
- BLOG: A Blueprint for an Effective International Climate Agreement
- NEWS RELEASE: Major New Proposal Outlines Essential Elements for a Comprehensive Climate Agreement
- NEWS ADVISORY: Consortium Unveils Major Proposal for Paris Climate Agreement During Negotiations in Lima
- Lima Climate Finance Series, COP20, December 2-10, 2014
- Global Landscapes Forum, COP 20 Lima, December 6, 2014
- LAC Climate Finance Day, December 6, 2014
- Launch of the Global Protocol for Community-Scale Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventories (GPC), December 8, 2014
Check this page regularly to access our latest publications, blog posts, events, and other resources related to COP 20.
For media inquiries, please contact Rhys Gerholdt.
Select tweets and retweets about #COP20.