Revitalizing Rural America: How Climate-Smart Investments Can Boost Economies Across the U.S.
A conversation with Senator Martin Heinrich on the need to enact a full package of clean energy and climate investments to tackle climate change and how doing so will create jobs.
Congress is actively debating the size of clean energy investments to pass in the coming weeks. Sen. Heinrich is among those urging passage of the entire package of these investments in order to adequately tackle climate change while creating new jobs and economic opportunities for Americans.
New analysis by World Resources Institute demonstrates how a climate-smart infrastructure package, like the Biden administration’s American Jobs Plan could help build a more prosperous, healthy and resilient future for rural America. Our findings focus on the opportunity to invest in America’s clean energy, grid modernization, abandoned fossil fuel clean-up, natural infrastructure, and wildfire management.
Join World Resources Institute on July 21 for a dynamic discussion about the economic and jobs benefits of climate-smart infrastructure investments. The event will feature a fireside chat with Sen. Heinrich and will be followed by a panel of clean energy, labor and rural experts to discuss how investments in clean energy and natural climate solutions can help rural economies recover and prosper in the long-term.
- Sen. Martin Heinrich, New Mexico
And a panel of experts, which includes authors of WRI’s latest report
- Dr. Karen Wayland, CEO, GridWise Alliance
- Amanda Woodrum, Senior Researcher, Policy Matters Ohio
- Mary Shoemaker, Senior Research Analyst, ACEEE
- Tyson Bertone-Riggs, Coalition Director, Rural Voices for Conservation Coalition
- Christina DeConcini, Director of Government Affairs, World Resources Institute
- Haley Leslie-Bole, Research Analyst, World Resources Institute
- Tom Cyrs, Research Associate, World Resources Institute
- Dan Lashof, Director, United States, World Resources Institute (moderator)
New Climate EconomyLaunch PlatformLaunch Platform Visit Project
The New Climate Economy (NCE), a flagship project of the Global Commission on the Economy and Climate, brings together government, business and economic leaders to enhance global and national understanding of how climate action can drive economic, social and development objectives.Part of Climate
U.S. ClimateVisit Project
Advancing climate action on federal, state and local levels to ensure a sustainable, prosperous and just future for all Americans.Part of Climate