Launch and Training Workshop - Greenhouse Gas Protocol: Policy and Action Standard, Mitigation Goal Standard
3:00 PM - 10:30 PM EST
United States Office
World Resources Institute will be hosting a launch event for two new Greenhouse Gas Protocol Standards to inform government climate change strategies. The event will feature presentations and panel discussions on the new standards, a networking lunch, and a training workshop.
Remote access to the launch event will be available through a webinar.
If you have any questions, please email Max Frankel.
- Manish Bapna, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Pankaj Bhatia, Director, Greenhouse Gas Protocol, World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Sophie Siemens, Project Coordinator, Ministry of Environment, Chile
- Michael Lazarus, Senior Scientist, Stockholm Environment Institute – US Center
- Katia Simeonova, Manager, Mitigation, Data and Analysis Programme, United Nations Climate Change Secretariat
- Jennifer Morgan, Director, Global Climate Program, World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Alexa Kleysteuber, Mitigation Advisor, The Independent Association of Latin America and the Caribbean (AILAC)
- Maurice LeFranc, Senior Advisor for International Climate Change, United States Environmental Protection Agency
- David Rich, Senior Associate, World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Kelly Levin, Senior Associate, World Resources Institute (WRI)
|10:00-11:45 am||Presentations and Panel Discussions|
|11:45 am-12:30 pm||Lunch|
|12:30-4:45 pm||Training Workshop|
These important new standards can help answer some of the most fundamental questions facing our planet going forward: Are countries on track to meet their climate commitments? How effective are specific local or national policies to drive carbon reductions? And will countries’ actions add up to limit warming to under 2 degrees Celsius?
Building on previous GHG Protocol standards, the Policy and Action Standard helps evaluate the effectiveness of specific policies or measures in achieving greenhouse gas emissions reductions, empowering policymakers and analysts to better assess and communicate their progress. The Mitigation Goal Standard takes a bigger picture view, enabling governments to determine their emissions trajectory and whether their policy portfolio aligns with reaching their climate goals. Both standards are applicable for all levels of government.
At the event, government representatives and other experts will reflect the far reaching significance of these new standards. The launch event will be followed by lunch and a free training workshop for how to use both standards. Participants are invited to attend the morning and/or afternoon sessions depending on their interest.
The launch event is open to media.
Registration is closed. Please direct comments and inquiries to Max Frankel (email@example.com).