The Economic Case for Greening the Global Recovery through Cities
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EDTOnline
Discover the priority areas for urban investment by national governments that have the potential to yield substantial economic dividends, create millions of jobs, and deliver quick, durable, and inclusive economic, health, and environmental outcomes.
In the wake of COVID-19, how can national governments boost their economies, create green jobs today, and put their cities on a path toward long-term resilience and prosperity tomorrow?
Join our webinar on the economic case for greening the global recovery through cities to explore seven priority areas for national government investment. These priority investments can yield substantial economic dividends, rapidly create and protect millions of jobs for vulnerable population groups and deliver quick and durable health and environmental benefits for citizens, all whilst contributing to long-term urban resilience.
This virtual high-level event will feature leading experts including Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Climate & Energy Global Practice Leader at WWF International, COP20 President and former Environment Minister of Peru; Mpho Parks Tau, Deputy Minister, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Republic of South Africa; Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation; Susan Goeransson, Head of MEI, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD); Seth Schultz, Executive Director of The Resilience Shift and Nick Godfrey, Programme Director of the Coalition for Urban Transitions.
- Manuel Pulgar Vidal, Former Env minister of Peru, Leader Climate and Environment, WWF International
- Mpho Parks Tau, Deputy Minister, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Republic of South Africa
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Susan Goeransson, Head of MEI, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Seth Shultz, Executive Director, Resilience Shift
- Nick Godfrey, Director, Coalition for Urban Transitions