Webinar: New Economy for Brazil: Paths to Build Back Better
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDTOnline
WRI Brasil and the New Climate Economy initiative, alongside prominent representatives from government and business, invite you to a webinar examining the path Brazil needs to follow to achieve the benefits of a new economy and build a more resilient, prosperous and fair society.
This webinar will discuss the results a new study by WRI Brasil and New Climate Economy — A New Economy for a New Era: Elements for Building a More Efficient and Resilient Economy in Brazil. The study shows that by opting for a low-carbon recovery, Brazil can add $535 billion to Brazil’s GDP by 2030 compared with business-as-usual, and create 2 million additional new jobs. This new economy can be achieved by prioritizing low-carbon, integrated infrastructure; promoting industrial innovation through green investments; and implementing deforestation-free, high productivity agriculture.
The study is part of the New Economy for Brazil, an initiative which has brought together former ministers, businessmen, academics and civil society to help Brazil in transition to a low-carbon economy.
The webinar will be broadcast with simultaneous translation in Portuguese and English.
- Tereza Cristina, Brazil’s Minister of Agriculture (tbc)
- Walter Schalka, CEO, Suzano
- Joaquim Levy, Director, Safra Bank
- Caio Koch-Weser, Member, WRI Global Board of Directors
- Rachel Biderman, Executive Director, WRI Brasil
- Carolina Genin, Director of Climate, WRI Brasil
- Marcelo Furtado, Board Chair, WRI Brasil (moderator)