Webinar: Build Back Better: Shaping the U.S. Stimulus Package for Infrastructure
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDTOnline
State and private sector leaders discuss shovel-ready infrastructure opportunities that can create jobs and stimulate economic growth in the short-term in the U.S.
Join the conversation: #BuildBackBetter
About the Webinar
Both President Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi have called for a stimulus bill that invests in America's infrastructure to jumpstart the economy in response to the COVID-19 crisis. The infrastructure America builds now will have long-term consequences for the country’s economic recovery, public safety and carbon emissions. Therefore, America can’t just build back: the country must build back better, in ways that protect human health, grow the economy and curb climate change.
During this webinar, state, local and private sector leaders as well as WRI policy experts will showcase shovel-ready infrastructure opportunities that can create jobs and stimulate sustainable economic growth in the near-term. Speakers will also share lessons from the 2009 stimulus package that are adaptable to the current financial downturn.
- Richard Kauffman, Chairman, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA); Adjunct Senior Research Scholar, Columbia Center on Global Energy Policy, Columbia University
- Cathy Zoi, CEO, EVGo (former Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy at the U.S. Department of Energy)
- Chris Castro, LEED GA, CPB, Director, Office of Sustainability & Resilience, City of Orlando
- Devashree Saha, Senior Associate, World Resources Institute
- Dan Lashof, U.S. Director, World Resources Institute (moderator)