Webinar: Build Back Better: Shaping the U.S. Stimulus Package for Infrastructure
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDTOnline
State and private sector leaders discuss shovel-ready infrastructure opportunities in the U.S. that can create jobs and stimulate short-term economic growth.
About the Webinar
The infrastructure America builds to jumpstart the economy in response to COVID-19 will have long-term effects on the country’s recovery, public safety and carbon emissions. Therefore, America must build back better to protect human health, grow the economy and curb climate change.
WRI policy experts and state, local and private sector leaders discuss shovel-ready infrastructure opportunities that can create jobs and stimulate sustainable economic growth in the near-term. Speakers also share lessons from the 2009 stimulus package that are adaptable to the current financial downturn.
- Richard Kauffman, Chairman, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA); Adjunct Senior Research Scholar, Columbia Center on Global Energy Policy, Columbia University
- Cathy Zoi, CEO, EVGo (former Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy at the U.S. Department of Energy)
- Chris Castro, LEED GA, CPB, Director, Office of Sustainability & Resilience, City of Orlando
- Devashree Saha, Senior Associate, World Resources Institute
- Dan Lashof, U.S. Director, World Resources Institute (moderator)