Webinar: Build Back Better: Public Transport and COVID-19 Recovery
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM EDTOnline
As governments consider long-term economic recovery, investment in public transport can contribute to a broad range of environmental, social and health benefits.
About the Webinar
Public transport is experiencing enormous and immediate challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic as ridership plunges. But it also serves a crucial role in connecting health care workers and other essential workers to their jobs. The crisis has revealed, whether you are a rider or not, just how much society relies on public transport.
Now is the time to consider opportunities for investment in public transport as a key part of recovery as well. Public transport provides jobs (and access to jobs), helps create safer streets and can reduce carbon emissions, among other benefits to society. WRI Ross Center brought together experts to discuss potential investments for countries and cities. This is the first of a continued discussion on the role of sustainable transport in economic recovery around the world.
- Sergio Avelleda, Director, Urban Mobility, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- Maruxa Cardama, Secretary General, SLoCaT (Partnership for Sustainable Low-Carbon Transport)
- Adriana Lobo, Executive Director, WRI Mexico
- Daizong Liu, Director, WRI China Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- Beth Osborne, Director, Transportation for America
- Ben Welle, Director, Integrated Transport & Innovation, WRI Ross Center For Sustainable Cities (moderator)