Questions and Answers for Investors on Climate Riskby -
Provides investors worldwide with information to assist them in responding to the financial risks and investment opportunities posed by climate change.
Questions and Answers for Investors on Climate Risk provides explanations and additional resources for the following questions:
- What studies can I reference to show that climate change is a reality and is caused by human activity?
- How does climate change create risk for the companies in which we invest?
- Why address climate risk over other environmental risks?
- How does the U.S. compare with other major countries on regulation of greenhouse gas emissions? How do these regulations create climate risk in a portfolio?
- Are there U.S. states which have passed laws requiring a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions? How do these regulations create climate risk in a portfolio?
- What is the time horizon that investors should be concerned about related to investments?
- Are companies required to disclose climate risk in their financial reports?
- What is the difference between screening in, screening out, and rebalancing for climate risk in a portfolio?
- In what capacity has financial research assessed climate risk?
- Is assessing climate risk a fiduciary responsibility?
- Are the macroeconomic effects of reducing GHG emissions harmful to the U.S. economy and jobs?
- What types of initiatives are investors pursuing on the issue of climate change risk?
- As an investor, where do I start to learn about climate risk?