The Clean Power Council operates in three workstreams, focusing on emissions factors, utilities’ strategies and customers’ renewable energy goals and electric vehicles. For an overview of the Clean Power Council, see this brochure.
Workstream 1: Aligning Interests – The Intersection Between Utility Emissions Factors & Customers’ Sustainability & Energy Goals
Workstream 1 explores alignment between corporate renewable energy and emissions targets and utility emissions trajectories. The workgroup examines customer/utility values, reporting metrics and policy/regulatory considerations for achieving clean energy goals.
- External Emissions Factors Frequently Asked Questions
- Upcoming: Key Issues
- Upcoming: Case Studies – Accounting Approaches
Workstream 2: Bending the Curve Together – Leveraging Common Goals in IRPs & Asset Strategies
Workstream 2 explores ways to use utilities’ integrated resource plans and other strategies in order to help companies meet their renewable energy and emissions goals. The workgroup looks at the intersections between utility and customer plans, and asks how customer goals can encourage and support more clean energy on the grid.
- Beyond Renewable Energy: New Strategies for Low-Carbon Impact
- Case Study: PacifiCorp-Facebook Partnership Support Least-Cost Solar for All
- Case Study: 2nd PacifiCorp-Facebook Partnership: Supports Future Solar Growth
Workstream 3: Leveraging Electric Vehicles to Drive Toward a Cleaner Grid
Workstream 3 explores the ways that electric vehicles can help meet clean energy requirements of large companies. The workgroup discusses what role customers can play in accelerating the transition to electric vehicles, and looks at the ways electric vehicles can reduce the costs of the clean energy transition.
- Upcoming: Designing Utility Programs for Electric Vehicles to Maintain Grid Reliability and Meet Sustainability Goals