The Global Commission on Adaptation commissioned a series of background papers to inform the Commission's flagship report. These papers are intended to produce a concise yet comprehensive assessment of adaptation in a key system or cross-cutting issue. Below are links to download the papers.
- Driving Finance for the Climate Resilience Society of Tomorrow – UNEP Finance Initiative; Climate Finance Advisors
- Insurance for Climate Adaptation: Opportunities and Limitations – Cass Business School, City University of London
- Broken Connections and Systemic Barriers: Overcoming The Challenge Of The "Missing Middle" In Adaptation Finance – Heinrich Stiftung; South African National Biodiversity Initiative; Africa Adaptation Initiative
- The Role of Domestic Budgets in Financing Climate Change Adaptation – Oxford Policy Management
- A Snapshot of Global Adaptation Investment and Tracking Methods
Food Security & Smallholder Livelihoods
- Rural Livelihoods, Food Security and Rural Transformation under Climate Change – CGIAR
- Adapting the Global Food System to New Climate Realities: Guiding Principles and Priorities – International Food Policy Research Institute
- The Contributions of Agroecological Approaches to Realizing Climate-Resilient Agriculture – World Agroforestry; Bangor University; CGIAR
- Achieving Climate Change Adaptation Through Integrated Landscape Management – Ecoagriculture Partners
- The Role of the Natural Environment in Adaptation – UN Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- Adaptation's Thirst: Accelerating the Convergence of Water and Climate Action – International Water Management Institute; Alliance for Global Water Adaptation
Cities & Urban Areas
- Unlocking the Potential for Transformative Climate Adaptation in Cities – WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- Adaptation of Infrastructure Systems – Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford
- Business Adaptation to Climate Change and Global Supply Chains – Edward Cameron
- All Is Not Green: Climate Change Adaptation and Small Business Resilience in Low- and Middle-Income Countries – Trade & Industrial Policy Strategies
Social Equity and Protection
- Climate Resilience through Social Protection – International Institute for Environment and Development
- Gender-Transformative Climate Change Adaptation: Advancing Social Equity – Stockholm Environment Institute
- Scaling Local and Community-Based Adaptation – David Mfitumukiza, Makerere University
- Making Peace with Climate Adaptation – Netherlands Institute of International Relations Clingendael
- Scaling Climate Services to Enable Effective Adaptation Action – Columbia University International Research Institute for Climate and Society; CGIAR
- Adapt for our Future: Youth and Climate Change Adaptation – YOUNGO
- Adaptation Metrics: Current Landscape and Evolving Practices – UN Environment Programme DTU Partnership
- Climate Change Adaptation by Individuals and Households: A Psychological Perspective – University of Groningen
- Health System Adaptation to Climate Variability and Change – University of Washington
- Integrating Adaptation into Social and Economic Development: Insights from Early Movers – Kathleen Mogelgaard et al.
- The Economics of (and Obstacles to) Aligning Development and Climate Change Adaptation – Stephane Hallegatte (World Bank Group) et al.
- Feeding the World in a Changing Climate: An Adaptation Roadmap for Agriculture – Ana Maria Loboguerrero (CGIAR) et al.