ADVISORY: High-Level Briefing on China-U.S. Cooperation on Energy and Climate Change
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (July 11, 2018)— World Resources Institute will host a public briefing featuring senior Chinese and U.S. participants on China-US climate and energy cooperation among national and non-federal actors. The briefing on Tuesday, July 17 at 2:30 pm PDT in San Francisco, follows the fourth meeting of the China-U.S. High-Level Dialogue on Energy and Climate.
The China-U.S. High-Level Dialogue on Energy and Climate emphasizes opportunities for collaboration and cooperation between the two countries on these critically important issues. The Dialogue is based on the recognition that regardless of the current state of politics, the U.S. and China have strong incentives to cooperate in accelerating the shift to low-carbon energy given the economic, security, health, and other benefits of low-carbon technologies.
As with the Global Climate Action Summit that will be held in San Francisco on September 12-14, the Dialogue will highlight opportunities for continued cooperation with or without the participation of the U.S. federal government, given the growing array of U.S. non-federal actors working toward a low-carbon, high-growth, sustainable future.
Public briefing on China-U.S. climate and energy cooperation among national and non-federal actors, following the fourth China-US High-Level Dialogue on Energy and Climate Change.
* ZHOU Dadi, National Experts Panel on Climate Change, former Head of Energy Research Institute of National Development and Reform Commission
* ZHANG Xiliang, Director, Institute for Energy, Environment and Economy, Tsinghua University
* Taiya SMITH, Director, China Program, Climate Leadership Council; Founder, The Green Trust; Managing Partner, Garnet Strategies; former Deputy Chief of Staff, U.S. Treasury Department
* Pete OGDEN, Vice President, Energy, Climate and the Environment, United Nations Foundation; former Director for Climate Change and Environment, National Security Council
* Andrew LIGHT, Distinguished Senior Fellow, Global Climate Program, World Resources Institute (CHAIR)
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 2:30 PM PDT
SPUR URBAN CENTER 654 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
Media must RSVP to Lauren Zelin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-media register here: /events/2018/07/briefing-china-us-cooperation-energy-and-climate-change
- Media Relations Manager