Webinar: How Can You Engage with the Talanoa Dialogue?
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM GMTOnline
International experts outlined how to participate in the Talanoa Dialogue and step up climate action in 2018.
For more information, read: Talanoa Dialogue: Jump-Starting Climate Action in 2018.
Ambassador Nazhat Shameem Khan, Climate COP23 Chief Negotiator, outlines how you can engage with the Talanoa Dialogue and jumpstart climate action in 2018.
About The Webinar
The first global stocktaking exercise of the Paris Agreement has officially begun with the opening of a new online portal for the 2018 Talanoa Dialogue.
Ambassador Nazhat Shameem Khan, COP23 Chief Negotiator, as well as experts from:
- Paula Caballero, David Waskow, Eliza Northrop, World Resources Institute,
- Martin Frick, UN Climate Change,
- Elise Buckle, Climate Action Network,
- Jennifer Austin, We Mean Business,
- Alexa Kleysteuber, California EPA, and
- Yunus Arikan, ICLEI—Local Governments for Sustainability,
hosted a webinar on how you can engage with the Talanoa Dialogue and jumpstart climate action in 2018.
- Roles for non-state actors and civil society in the Talanoa Dialogue
- Strategies for making an impact on the 2018 stocktaking process
- Submissions to the new portal, convening events in support of the Dialogue, and other ways to engage