Facebook Live from Global Goals Arctic Basecamp at #WEF18, Davos
3:00 PM - 3:45 PM CETDavos, Switzerland
Together with Christiana Figueres and Mission2020, a team of leading Arctic scientists gathers in Davos to highlight climate change in the Arctic and to demonstrate the latest scientific advances in measuring environmental damage in one of the world’s most remote and climatically important regions.
About the Event
At the Global Goals Arctic Basecamp, scientists will highlight the impacts of climate change in the Arctic which present serious risks to the global economy and societies. Experts will also highlight necessary, advisable and achievable solutions to help mitigate these risks. Participants will also highlight necessary, advisable and achievable solutions to help mitigate these impacts. This event coincides with World Economic Forum (WEF) launching its annual Global Risks Report which has highlighted ‘extreme weather’ as the number one Global Risk.
Hashtags: #wef18 #ArcticMatters #Mission2020 #2020dontbelate #onamission #globalgoals
Learn more about the Arctic Basecamp at Davos. Follow online at:
- Twitter: @ArcticDavos
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArcticDavos/
- Instagram: @arcticbasecampdavos
- Gail Whiteman, Lancaster University
"Rationale for Arctic Basecamp at Davos + global economic risks"
- Jeremy Wilkinson, British Antarctic Survey
"Life in the Arctic Basecamp & Observational science"
- Jennifer Francis, Rutgers University
"Arctic Change and the link to Extreme Weather elsewhere"
- Craig Lee, Washington University
"Collecting Data using Ocean Gliders"
- Bruce Forbes, Arctic Centre, University of Lapland
"Land-‐based changes in the Arctic"
- Christiana Figueres, Mission2020
- Andrew Steer, World Resources Institute (tentative)