You can carry out your own analyses on poverty and ecosystem services with the GIS data made available, some of them being publicly released for the first time. All data are accompanied by metadata.
- Rural-Poverty2005.zip: Poverty rate, poverty gap, poverty density, and average inequality of per capita expenditures (also known as the GINI Index) in rural Subcounties in 2005.
Environmental health: drinking water and sanitation
- Ug_Environmental-health_Census2002.zip: Census data by Subcounty on open source for drinking water, access to improved sanitation, and access to hygiene/ soap.
- Ug_Safe-water-coverage2008.zip: Safe water coverage by Subcounty in 2008.
- Ug_data-derived-from-NWIS1997-2001.zip: Calculations of indicators and summary statistics based on data of the National Wetland Information System from 1997-2001.
- Ug_Wetland-area-per-capita.zip: Area of wetland per capita by Subcounty.
- Ug_Wetlands-extent-and-types1996.zip: Extent and type (permanent versus seasonal) of wetlands in Uganda in 1996.
- Ug_Theoretical-revenue-from-papyrus-harvest.zip: Theoretical revenue from papyrus harvest by Subcounty.
- : District administrative boundaries in Uganda in 2006.
- : Uganda protected areas as of 2007.
- : Subcounty administrative boundaries in Uganda in 2002.
- : Waterbodies in Uganda.