This is a summary of S.2191 Manager’s substitute amendment released on May 21, 2008. The substitute reflects a substantially revised version of S.2191. This summary is not exhaustive but does cover nearly all sections of the bill. It is divided into relevant cap and trade design element categories with references to appropriate sections.
- Caps, Coverage and Compliance
- Market Oversight and Structure
- Cost Containment
- Allowance Value Distribution
- International Engagement and Competitiveness
- State and Regional Programs
- Complementary Policies
- Appendix: Allowance Distribution Table
- John Larsen, Senior Associate
All rights reserved. For quotes and references, please refer to suggested citation on the title page of the PDF document. You may reproduce summary information about this report, such as the title, author(s) and summary details, provided you include a link to the publication's landing page where users can download the PDF version and/or other documents. If you wish to use this report in any other manner, please contact us to request permission.