Key Documents & ResourcesSummary of GHG Reduction Pledges by Developing Countries. Compares the GHG reduction pledges of 11 non-Annex1 countries, organized by type of pledge.
Foundational Elements of a Copenhagen Agreement. For country commitments to form the basis of an effectively functioning agreement, a framework of international climate machinery needs to be built around them.
The National Adaptation Capacity (NAC) Framework. The NAC framework is a pilot project that articulates a set of national-level functions that countries will need to perform to adapt effectively.
Foundation for a Low Carbon Future WRI identifies key elements for a possible and successful outcome in Copenhagen.
Video & Interviews
- Rob Bradley on the state of international climate negotiations after Copenhagen: January 7th
- Dennis Tirpak on Progress in U.S. & China: December 12th, 2009 (ClimateTalks.tv)
- Centre for European Policy Studies Side Event–Future Flexible Mechanisms: December 12th, 2009 (Rob Bradley, panelist)
- Deborah Seligsohn on China’s Emissions Plan: December 8th, 2009 (E&E TV)
- WRI Press Briefing: December 8th, 2009
- Ruth Greenspan Bell on the role of NGOs, POLITICO
- Christina DeConcini on the different conversations in the U.S. and Copenhagen, POLITICO
- Ruth Greenspan Bell on the arrival of veterans’s group Operation FREE, POLITICO
- Jennifer Morgan on clean technology and adaptation, National Journal
- Ruth Greenspan Bell on both the serious issues and the circus in Copenhagen, POLITICO
- John Larsen on the new Senate Climate Framework, POLITICO
- Jennifer Morgan on developing country climate pledges, The Washington Post
- Rob Bradley on the frenzy over the “Danish Text,” POLITICO
- Jennifer Morgan on the “Five Indicators of Success in Copenhagen,” National Journal
- Jonathan Lash on how China and the United States can work together on climate change, National Journal
Countdown to Copenhagen
Countdown to Copenhagen is a regular bulletin from WRI in which experts explore key issues related to COP-15.
- Countdown to Copenhagen: U.S. Climate Action in 2009
- Foundation for a Low Carbon Future: Essential Elements of a Copenhagen Agreement
- Countdown to Copenhagen: Reviewing and Verifying International Climate Action
- Countdown to Copenhagen: Paying the Premium - Options for the UNFCCC on Insurance in Copenhagen
- Countdown to Copenhagen: Scaling Up Climate Change Finance
- Countdown to Copenhagen: Technology in a Global Climate Agreement
- Countdown to Copenhagen: The U.S. Role in Climate Talks
- Countdown to Copenhagen: U.S. Climate Actions