#WEF18: Stepping Up Climate Action #StepUp2018
5:00 AM - 6:00 AM ESTDavos, Switzerland
According to current estimates, the Earth is expected to warm by 3.2°C by the end of the century – more than double the Paris targets. How can leaders seize the opportunity and ratchet up their efforts?
Watch the Video
- Stepping Up Climate Action, Event Live Blog, World Economic Forum.
- Why 2018 is the Year for Business to Step Up Climate Action, Andrew Steer, President and Chief Executive Officer, World Resources Institute and Grant F. Reid, Chief Executive Officer & Office of the President, Mars Inc.
- Global Environmental Risks Are Keeping Davos Leaders Awake at Night,Leonardo Martinez-Diaz, Global Director, Sustainable Finance Center, World Resources Institute
Hashtags: #StepUp2018 #WEF18
Inslee on climate action in U.S.
Anand Mahindra on the business opportunity
Jennifer Morgan on "disruption is the new business opportunity on climate"
Gore on political will
- Al Gore (@algore) Vice-President of the United States (1993-2001); Chairman and Co-Founder, Generation Investment Management; Member of the Board of Trustees, World Economic Forum
- Thomas Buberl (@thomasbuberl), CEO, AXA
- Jay R. Inslee (@GovInslee), Governor of Washington
- Jennifer Morgan (@climatemorgan), Executive Director, Greenpeace International
- Anand Mahindra (@anandmahindra), Chairman, Mahindra Group
- Risalat Khan (@risalat_k), SIPA Environmental Fellow, Columbia University; World Economic Forum Global Shaper, New York Hub. (Part of a small core team that spearheaded the largest climate marches in history).
- Moderated by: Vikram Chandra (@vikramchandra), Presenter and Consulting Editor, New Delhi Television (NDTV)