Climate Leadership Conference Workshop on Science-Based Targets
9:00 AM - 5:00 AMChicago, Illinois
Join us for a discussion on best practices in setting science-based targets and how to support companies in achieving their reduction targets.
Connect with the nation’s leaders on climate at the sixth annual Climate Leadership Conference (CLC).
The CLC convenes around U.S. EPA's prestigious Climate Leadership Awards, and brings climate, energy and sustainability professionals together to address climate change through policy, innovation and business solutions. WRI is a Supporting Partner at this year’s conference.
When: Wednesday, March 1st from 10:00am – 12:30pm
Description: More than 200 companies have committed to set targets in line with limiting warming this century to less than 2-degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels. This session will explain current best practice in setting science-based targets, and discuss activities that can support companies in achieving their reduction targets including best practices in purchasing renewable energy, engaging with suppliers and implementing internal carbon pricing programs. This workshop will include speakers from the Science Based Targets Initiative, the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance and the author of the UNGC Executive Guide on Internal Carbon Pricing as well as a panel of company speakers discussing their strategies to achieve science-based targets.
• Erin Augustine, Sustainability Manager, Kellogg Company
• Renee Morin, Stakeholder Relations, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
• Cynthia Cummis, Director of Private Sector Climate Mitigation, World Resources Institute
• Nate Aden, Research Fellow, World Resources Institute
• Eliot Metzger, Research Fellow, World Resources Institute
• Celina Bonugli, Research Analyst, World Resources Institute
Please check back for an updated agenda and list of speakers.