Webinar - Looking Ahead to COP22
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDTOnline
How will COP22 advance implementation of the Paris Agreement and build momentum for global climate action?
About the Webinar
WRI’s International Climate Initiative team hosted a pre-COP22 webinar to explore issues that should be advanced at this year’s COP in Marrakesh. Topics included: Paris Agreement entry into force and rule-making, raising climate ambition, and implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions.
The free, online event was an opportunity to listen to WRI experts discuss how this year’s UNFCCC Conference of the Parties (COP22) in Marrakech can play a key role in advancing implementation of the Paris Agreement and building the momentum for climate action globally.
Among the topics discussed were:
- Status update on entry into force of the Paris Agreement
- What steps are needed to advance the ambition mechanism in the Agreement and the rules for transparency and accountability
- How to build support and capacity for ambitious implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions
- David Waskow , Director, International Climate Initiative
- Yamide Dagnet , Senior Associate
- Cynthia Elliott, Research Analyst
- Eliza Northrop, Associate
- Joe Thwaites, Research Analyst